- The annual East Hampton “Clothesline Art Sale” with more than 2000 original works of art happens on Saturday, August 5, 2017. Rain or shine, it is on! Admission is free, and you might discover a masterpiece. It’s at Guild Hall at 158 Main Street, East Hampton, NY from 9 AM – 4 PM. There’s something at everyone’s price point. I am participating in the sale, as are so many other LI artists. Check it out, and spend the day enjoying the lovely Hamptons. Some of my work will be for sale. Grab it while you can!
- On exhibit until August 5 is the “A Quotidian Life: Finding Beauty in the Ordinary” at the Art League of Long Island in Dix Hills, NY. I took a look and it is much more conservative than I prefer, and although it won’t blow you away, and excite you too much; it has it’s fans. You may be one of them. The popular watercolorist Jan Guarino is among the artists whose exceptional art is much admired on display.
- At BJ Spoke Gallery until July 28 is the “Summer Fun” exhibition, in Huntington.
- There is the PAPERWORKS 2017 National Exhibition at BJ Spoke Gallery, available to see Aug. 2, with reception on Saturday, August 5, 6-9 PM.
- Winning artists selected by juror, Akili Tommasino,
Curatorial Assistant, Museum of Modern Art.Live
- Music performed by Joe Cupani (jazz guitar)
and Jesse Byron Carter (upright bass). It’s the perfect date of come solo and have fun. It’s free and fabulous.
- Portrait of an Artist is on exhibit with an opening reception of Friday, July 21, 6-8 PM and the show runs through August 12, at the Huntington Arts Council’s Main Street Gallery, 213 Min Street, Huntington, NY 11743. The Juror is Dan Christoffel.
- Coming up in August is the”Absolutely Abstract Show” at the Huntington Arts Council Main Street Gallery. Maxine Jurow, a well-known abstract artist and art professor is the juror. (I have a painting in the show.)
- Fashionistas are coming toDix Hills …Saturday July 22 • 1:00 – 3:30PM • $15@ Jeanie Tengelsen Gallery at the Art League of Long IslandJoin shoe designer Cindy Waters and milliner Stella Rose St. Clair for back-to-back lectures about their roles in the fashion design industry…from Head To Toe. Both designers will share their personal stories about “making it” as designers in New York and share their design process with you. Register online or call (631) 462-5400 x222
- The Art Guild of Port Washington‘s exhibit, “Face & Figure” will be on view Sept. 2 – Oct. 8. You can still enter it by the deadline of August 11. Diana De Santis, a portrait painting and mater Pastelist is the juror.
- There’s an Artist’s Retrospective at the Shelter Rock Gallery, July 16-August 16. Exhibited is artwork by artists who’ve previously exhibited at the ShelterRock Gallery.
A great opportunity for artists: expo 37
Judge – Cara Manas, Assistant Curator, Museum of Modern Art.
Award – The exhibition of selected works in March, 2018 at the b.j. spoke gallery.
Media – All fine arts media are acceptable: watercolor, drawing, pastel, painting, sculpture, mixed media, installation art, photography, video, digital art, etchings, monotype, monoprint, silk screen, lithography, collagraph, fiber art, etc. No crafts, please.
Eligibility – Artists living in the United States.
Deadline – November 11, 2017.
Fee – $35 for 6 images and/or 2 videos.
Liability – All work will be handled with the utmost care. However, the b.j. spoke gallery does not carry insurance for your work and will not be responsible for loss or damage. Entering the competition implies your consent for the b.j. spoke gallery to use your name and images of your art in all of its advertising and publicity, in print or online.
Instructions – Installations must be set up and removed by the artist. All work must be framed and wired or display ready. Use plexiglass only, no glass. Artists are responsible for shipping or conveying their own work to and from the exhibit. Work is limited to 60″ in any direction and should not weigh more than 40 lbs. Please check our floor plan on the CaFE website to see that Installations will fit our gallery space
Application – Entries will be submitted online through the Call For Entry (CaFE) website https://www.callforentry.org. To apply, you must become a member of their organization (it’s free). The EXPO call can be found on their home page by selecting VIEW ALL CALLS, and then searching for EXPO.
If you’d prefer to go directly to the specific url for EXPO 37 on the CaFE web site, it is
To find out how to enter, including submitting your images, go to https://www.callforentry.org/faq.phtml.
- Juried art show, ANIMAL KINGDOM, from Tame to Wild is coming to the Long Island Museum in Stoney Brook, NY.
September 15 – October 22, 2017 at the Visitors Center. Winner’s artwork will be prominently displayed (TBD)
October 27- November 12.
I will add to the list as I discover them. Please feel free to email me news of exhibits you recommend, so I can include them.